This post is packed with Social Media Holidays for March, with plenty of social video ideas, GIFs, posting ideas and more! And GIFs too! And of course our March social media ideas also include popular and international holidays, as well as more unusual holidays and days of celebrations. It includes what you can create and how to create it. If you’re going to get creative and create some social videos or images, why not create more than one? World Sleep Day – #WorldSleepDay March really is the month of sleep with National Napping Day and World Sleep Day being just a few days apart. National Physicians Week – 24th March to 30th March Video and GIF Tools for Creating Video Content There are loads of visuals you can create for March but I’ve focused on social video and GIFs above for your social media channels. Wave.Video Wave is is my favourite go-to video tool for creating social video quickly and easily. I have a branded Giphy Channel (Socially Sorted) and will be sharing my GIFs in these monthly posts so take a look there from time to time to see what you can share too. Find out more about creating GIFs in this post.
Looking for creative March social media ideas? This post is packed with Social Media Holidays for March, with plenty of social video ideas, GIFs, posting ideas and more!
BY DONNA MORITZ | PUBLISHED 11 FEBRUARY, 2019
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
It can be hard to think of what to post for your business or brand – especially if you are wanting to add social video to the mix. Don’t worry, We’ve got you covered for March with this list of March social media ideas.
Now you can create a post quickly for any day of the week in March. I’ve even included video tools and video ideas to help you create short, social videos. And GIFs too! Don’t stick to static content – animate it with GIFs and videos.
There’s social media holidays for each day of the week. And of course our March social media ideas also include popular and international holidays, as well as more unusual holidays and days of celebrations. Dozens of ideas for you, ready to go… 60+ in fact, all for the month of March.
And don’t forget to bookmark this and our other calendar posts for later reference.
What Comes With The March Social Media Ideas?
The following in included in this post full of March Social Media Ideas:
- an easy quick reference guide to social media holidays for March. It includes some of the most popular days to remember in a handy infographic, so please feel free to share it.
- an overview of March social media ideas. It includes what you can create and how to create it. The focus is in social video and GIFs but you can use these ideas for images too!
- a list of resources and tools to help you create visuals for Social Media Holidays. Don’t forget to use our Social Media Content Calendar to help you get your content prepped ahead of time!
Tips for Creating March Content Ahead of Time (the easy way!)
Creating content can be dang hard! It takes time and seems like a job that never ends. But, if you take the time to schedule ahead and use a few time hacks, you’ll find it be so much easier than you think – and get a month-s worth of content created and scheduled. In no time at all!
Here’s my tips forgetting it done, quickly and easily:
- Use templates. The tools I’ve recommended below all use templates to help you create your finished content from our March social media ideas. Use a template and let it guide your designs and edits. If you’re not a designer, save yourself some time creating and editing when it will take you hours. Instead, use a template that a designer has already produced for you to make it easy! Cut straight to editing the template – and limit your edits to just the text or photo or color or fonts. Don’t “over-edit” the template or you’ll ruin the nuances of the design (sorry, but this is one of the biggest mistakes I see, and that goes for me too!).
- Use batching. If you’re going to get creative and create some social videos or images, why not create more than one? Whether it’s another 2, 3, 10 or 20 short videos or images, the point here is that it is much easier to create a batch of content in one sitting rather than individual videos or images at separate times. If your computer is on, the software is open, keep creating. It saves you loads of time.
- Create short videos to post on social media – On Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, short videos that are 15-30 seconds are enough (maybe up to 1 minute). These types of videos are designed to stop us scrolling through our feeds but not too long to lose our interest. For more advice about how to create effective 15 second videos, check out this post.
- Create content that is easily consumed. As I said, we like to scroll through our feed, so content like quotes, tips, observational humour, quick how-to videos work great for engagement. This is especially true on Facebook where people are, as I said, scrolling a lot. They need to be able to consume your content quickly and move on.
- Leverage the power of GIFs. You might think of GIFs as some fun, novelty thing, but they can be quite powerful in social media comments, emails, blog posts, and more. GIFs add humour and personality to your content. Whether you create your own GIFs (see tips below) or you use the millions of GIFs in the Giphy library, adding a GIF to your content can stand out and add some sass or laughs to the mix. It can also bring really bring home the point you are trying to make with a visual.
Quick Guide Infographic to March Social Ideas & Holidays
Here’s a quick reference guide to some of the most popular March social media ideas and holidays so you don’t miss them. Share it or save it to Pinterest to refer to later.
Tips for using these March Social Media Ideas
- Create social videos based around the holiday or day– create a Top 5 list, produce a how-to video, go behind the scenes to share your business or team (related to the holiday in question), post a tutorial, or create a short quote video. Get creative with it! Is it World Grammar Day? Make a grammar pun post or ask your audience about their anecdotes with the ‘Grammar Police’. Maybe they are the ‘Grammar Police’ themselves! Use a video tool like Wave to help you create social videos.
- Create a fun GIF to celebrate the holiday in question (or poke fun at it). Don’t feel like creating a GIF? Instead, share a GIF direct from Giphy.
- Create an image to celebrate the holiday – it could be a quote, saying, meme, tip of the day, engaging photo that highlights the celebration day. Pair the image with text overlay to add context.
This post focuses on creating social video and GIFs from our March social media ideas, but you can use any of these ideas to create still images too. You’re only limited by your imagination!
Ok, let’s do this. We’ve included more tools and tips below so you can jump in and create March content:
March Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Days
Remember, there’s at least one holiday “day” for every day in this list of March social media ideas and holidays.
Look out for the hashtags, tools, tips and resources to help you create visual content in 2019. This post will be updated annually to adjust the dates and days of celebration for each month, but we suggest you also check the calendar date before posting. We may miss…