Join our live Enterprise Connect Twitter chat on Wednesday, April 12, from 4 to 5 p.m. He calls the app Elder Connected Care. In addition, keynoter Rob Markezich, corporate VP, Office 365, demoed the new Microsoft Teams product for team collaboration. Cisco made four product announcements during its keynote. Amazon Web Services made a splash with its entrance to the enterprise contact center space, revealing Amazon Connect during its first Enterprise Connect keynote, led by Gene Farrell, VP, AWS Enterprise Applications. It's my favorite part of the event! This year's group of experts were: If you missed Enterprise Connect or the locknote, you're not out of luck. This year, we're taking the locknote into the digital realm, and bringing back many of our SMEs to discuss the top takeaways from the event. ET, and get your questions in front of the leading SMEs in enterprise communications and collaboration. Bring your questions, comments, and experiences, and take part in the live online discussion by using the hashtag #ECchat on each of your tweets.
Join our live Enterprise Connect Twitter chat on Wednesday, April 12, from 4 to 5 p.m. ET, using the #ECchat hashtag.
Enterprise Connect Orlando 2017, which ran March 27 to 30, was a whirlwind event, chock-full of enterprise communications educational content and vendor news.
So what did you miss?
- Justin Haefner, a collaboration architect with Medtronic, take home the largest prize in the TADHack-mini Orlando hackathon that took place the weekend leading into and coincident with Enterprise Connect. This first-time hacker created a communications-enabled app for helping families take care of elder health needs. He calls the app Elder Connected Care.
- We kicked off our first future-focused conference-within-a-conference, Enterprise Communications & Collaboration 2020, which drew large crowds of enterprise folks looking to plan their strategies for communications systems for the next three years.
- In a keynote presentation, Microsoft rolled out enhancements to Skype for Business within Office 365, including advanced calling features like auto attendant and call queues. In addition, keynoter Rob Markezich, corporate VP, Office 365, demoed the new Microsoft Teams product for team collaboration.
- Cisco made four product announcements during its keynote. Jens Meggers, SVP and GM for the Cloud Collaboration Technology Group, unveiled the Cisco Spark Room Kit Series, opened up security keys to Spark customers, enhanced Spark Hybrid Media Services, and rolled out Spark Care. Cisco also won Best of Enterprise Connect 2017 for its Spark Board 55.
- Amazon Web Services made a splash…